Sunday, March 2, 2008

March Net Worth

I just logged into Yodlee Moneycenter to check my net worth for March. Here are the figures.

Total Net Worth: $73,337.00

Total Assets: $84,241.07
- Banking: $19,615.75
- Investments: $64,625.32

Total Liabilities: $10,904.07
- Credit Cards: $10,904.07

Overall my net worth from February to March went down from $84.7k to $73.3k. That is a decline of 13.5%. My banking and credit cards remained relatively the same. The drop in my net worth is due to the investment categories. The investment category includes 401(k), Roth IRA, bonds, mutual funds, individual stocks, and stock options. I am currently not balanced with a proper asset allocation in the investment category.

My investment category is heavily weighted with one company. It is for the company I work for because of all the stocks I accumulated from the employee stock purchase plan and also from stock options. So when the market took a tumble, so does my company, and so does my net worth. But when the market increases, so does my net worth. It is a risk I am willing to take right now. As prices increases, I do sell off company shares and move it towards better balancing my asset allocation.

No comments: