Sunday, February 10, 2008

Career Fair

I was browsing today's edition of the Union Tribune like I do every Sunday, but something stood out in the Job section. A ad section for the Amylin Career Fair. Amylin Pharmaceuticals is one company I am willing to work for. I have applied there in the past but never got a response back. Sometimes it seems as if resumes get sent out into a black hole which you never hear from again 90% of the time.

The career fair is on February 21, and more information can be found at www.amylincareerfair.com. It lasts from 2 to 7 pm, which I can attend after work, but I am contemplating of taking the day off. It gives me ample time to prepare and dress. If I went to work, I would have to go home to dress if I did not want anyone at my work to find out I was looking elsewhere for a position.

The reason I would like to work for Amylin is that I strongly believe in their products and have confidence in their future pipeline. They are an established company with actual products in the market, so I can be assured with stable employment. I am currently in the biotech sector, but being in the pharmaceutical sector allows for more growth potential in a bigger market sector.

I have never been to a career fair like this before. I got my very first job at Sea World through a career fair they held, but they basically hired anyone with a pulse since it was a seasonal position over the summer. In addition to preparing for this career fair, I will now have to dedicate my time in preparing my resume and looking at my wardrobe to find something, which I can dress with to impress.

No comments: