Friday, February 1, 2008

February Net Worth

Well my Net Worth is down compared to January 1st, but for the sake of my blog, February 1st will be the first starting point of my financial progress. To keep track of my financial accounts, I use Yodlee Moneycenter. It is like a free web-based version of Microsoft Money or Quicken.

Total Net Worth: $84,737.67

Net Worth Breakdown:

Total Assets: $94,769.22
- Banking: $18,561.19
- Investments: $76,208.03

Total Liabilities:
$10,031.55
- Credit Cards: $10,031.55

My Banking category includes everyday checking and savings, online savings accounts, and certificates of deposit (CD). My Investments categories includes 401(k) accounts, Roth IRA, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), company stock options, stocks, and bonds.

Lastly, my Liabilities category only has credit cards. I do not carry a mortgage or have any outstanding debt such as a car payment. My credit card balance may seem high, but in 2-3 months should be back to normal. I was carrying a large balance at 0% interest, but otherwise, I pay off all my credit cards in full each month.

Next month, I will discuss any changes and breakdown the categories even further. This month was just creating a baseline.

No comments: